This is a classroom-based 1-day SCS-certified course in enhanced supervisor performance training intended for front-line and field supervisors. It is available from SCS when requested to suit your schedule, with a minimum of 5 student enrollments required.
This intensive course is designed to improve your supervisory performance at all levels of the job, from the basic act of supervision, on up to the execution of detailed operational plans. It includes practical training and classroom learning, and will require additional time outside of classroom hours to exercise newfound skills.
Course topics include the following:
- Position descriptions and responsibilities
- Performance standards and evaluation reporting structure
- Grievance procedures
- Successive disciplinary action
- Limits of authority
- Job specific responsibilities
- Perception and decision making
- Basic psychology of communication (the Hawthorne study, Maslow’s theory)
- Job performance coaching (improving employee performance)
- Using tools for evaluating employee performance and productivity (systematic causal analysis tool, performance tracking, problem solving, goal setting)
This course is part of SCS’s Det Norske Veritas practical leadership skills series. Please note that there is also a follow-up session to this course: Enhanced Supervisory Performance Follow Up – 2H (SCS).
Prerequisites and PPE
You don’t need to complete any other courses or have any prior experience to enroll in this course. However, this course is recommended for staff in a supervisory or management role. You also don’t need to bring along any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Note: All courses require you to have government-issued photo ID.