This is a classroom-based 1-day SCS-certified course in critical task analysis training. It is available from SCS when requested to suit your schedule, with a minimum of 5 student enrollments required.
Critical task analysis is an essential skill for occupational health and safety officers, supervisors, and managers in any organization. In this course you will gain the ability to identify critical tasks and assess them for hazards and loss control opportunities, which will assist you greatly in making critical tasks safer to achieve, and reduce the loss and accident rate for your organization.
This critical task analysis program is offered as either a stand-alone training program or as part of the larger Det Norske Veritas practical leadership skills series, and provides skills essential to the supervisory, management, and health and safety team membership, in the following topics:
- How to compile a task inventory including what a critical task inventory is, why it is essential, how it is compiled and prepared
- How to identify critical tasks including how to identify critical tasks and differentiate them from less-critical tasks
- How to break the task down into steps
- When to write a procedure or practice
- How to put procedures and practices to work
Prerequisites and PPE
You don’t need to complete any other courses or have any prior experience to enroll in this course. However, this course is recommended for staff in a supervisory or management role. You also don’t need to bring along any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Note: All courses require you to have government-issued photo ID.